The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Arista, Safe Net, Netapp, and Visio. The Level 2 Network Engineer performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists
telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel,
and telecommunications strategic program management with network
The Level 2 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
- Oversee the support to all network equipment.
- Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements.
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations
Minimum Requirements: Eight (8) years of experience providing network engineering support and a Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline required. Ten (10) years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Certification Requirement: IAT level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.