The LK Program offers an opportunity to have a flexible work schedule. Work with a large team where you can learn and grow from each other; System Administrator teams each range between 5-10 people. Core hours are between 6am-6pm.
The Level 3 System Administrator will be responsible for providing Linux System Administration support for the program. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Linux (Red Hat), Saison, and Ansible.
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
The Level 3 System Administrator (SA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/ server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
Minimal Requirements: Fifteen (15) years of experience providing System Administration support and Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Certification Requirement: IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.