The Level 2 Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- This position will be looking for the following skillsets: hardware and software integration, Infrastructure, provisioning, Ansible CM, Kubernetes, Cloud Technologies, Rancher, Containers as a service (Caas)
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Fisheye).
- Experience with Data Manipulation/Scripting (PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, EXCEL API, Shell Scripting).
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Perform full lifecycle support to the customer on complex data systems and networks.
- Provide solutions to the customer applying expertise with systems engineering and networks/components to support.
- Provide technical guidance to the customer in relation to SIGINT systems.
- LINUX or UNIX administration/maintenance experience
- knowledge of SIGINT systems and dataflows
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
Candidates possessing system administration and/or network engineering backgrounds will be considered if they have the above skillset