The LK Program offers an opportunity to have a flexible work schedule. Work with a large team where you can learn and grow from each other; Sys Admin teams each range between 5-10 people. Core hours are between 6am-6pm.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Linux, STE/STN tools LatteArt, and Nessus.
The Level 1 System Administrator (SA) manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. The Level 1 System Administrator (SA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/ server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
Minimum Requirements: Five (5) years of experience providing System Administration support and Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Certification Requirement: IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.