View all jobs
Legacy Systems Administrator - Remote WFHRemote, US
Legacy Systems Administrator
Location: Remote – WFH (supporting the State of Maryland)
- Support of a strategic security initiative for the State of Maryland
- Define procedures or standards with knowledge of right fitment and task for legacy systems
- Define performance objectives and determine acceptable performance levels.
- Provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Understand the language/terms/jargon in area of expertise
- Understand requisite knowledge that underlies effective decision-making and is able to describe where anomalies or flaws may occur in the decision-making
- Act as the “go to” person within a department or function for questions and problems within area of expertise.
- Explain area of expertise clearly to others.
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
- Experience w/ Backup & disaster recovery support and other services
- Detailed knowledge of server setup, deployment, and maintenance
- Ability to create scripts in Perl, Python, and similar languages
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup