The ideal candidate for this position shall have Cisco experience and preferably Arista too. Candidate will be required to travel as needed. *Some OCONUS travel will be required*
The Level 3 Network Engineer performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
The Level 3 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
- Oversee the support to all network equipment.
- Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements.
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations
- Resolve complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators
- Design modules representing traditional circuit switched networks.
- Lead large efforts and installtion projects of dynamic requirements and scale.
- Develop algorithms for models using networking and/or telecommunications technologies and systems.
Minimum Requirements: Ten (12) years of experience providing network engineering support and a Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline required.
(U) Certification Requirements: IAT level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.