The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Linux, STE/STN tools LatteArt, and Nessus.
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. The Level 2 System Administrator (SA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/ server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
Minimal Requirements: Ten (10) years of experience providing System Administration support and Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Certification Requirement: IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.